Indoor Test: On the second day of the third Test match of the Border-Gavaskar Trophy 2023 (BGT 2023), Indian bowler Umesh Yadav registered a unique record to his name. He completed his 100 Test wickets on home grounds soon after he bowled Mitchell Starc in Australia’s innings. He is the 13th Indian bowler to achieve this feat. Talking about fast bowlers, he is the 5th Indian fast bowler to do so.
In the Test match between India and Australia (Ind vs AUS) at Indore, Umesh Yadav bowled brilliantly in the first session of the second day, despite a completely spin track. He bowled only 5 overs in Australia’s second innings and conceded 12 runs and took 3 wickets. Due to his strong bowling, the Australian team could not get a big lead based on the first innings. Here, the Australian team was bowled out for 197 runs, while the Indian team’s first innings was limited to 109 runs.
ICYMI – For the 100th 𝗧𝗧𝗘𝗘𝗘𝗘𝗘𝗘𝗘𝗘𝗘𝗘𝗘𝗘𝗘𝗘𝗘𝗘 in India @y_umesh 💪
What a ball from Umesh Yadav as he cleaned up Mitchell Starc to claim his 100th Test wicket at home. #INDvAUS pic.twitter.com/AD0NIUbkGB
— BCCI (@BCCI) March 2, 2023
Who are the bowlers who have taken more than 100 Test wickets in India?
1. Anil Kumble: 350 wickets in 63 matches
2. R Ashwin: 329 wickets in 54 matches
3. Harbhajan Singh: 265 wickets in 55 matches
4. Kapil Dev: 219 wickets in 65 matches
5. Ravindra Jadeja: 193 wickets in 39 matches
6. Bhagwat Chandrasekhar: 142 wickets in 32 matches
7. Bishan Singh Bedi: 137 wickets in 30 matches
8. Javagal Srinath: 108 wickets in 32 matches
9. Zaheer Khan: 104 wickets in 38 matches
10. Ishant Sharma: 104 wickets in 42 matches
11. Vinoo Makad: 103 wickets in 23 matches
12. Pragyan Ojha: 101 wickets in 20 matches
13. Umesh Yadav: 101 wickets in 31 matches
IND vs AUS, 3rd Test: Umesh Yadav equals Virat Kohli’s record in Tests
Ashwin is close to leaving Anil Kumble behind in this regard, with just 22 wickets to take