Manam Motors dealership in Palakonda town is believed to have extra stock to facilitate Diwali offers. Local police are yet to confirm the cause of the incident and have reserved their comments until the investigation is complete. There is also no official word on the brand of electric vehicles housing the dealership.
Firefighters reached the spot and brought the fire under control. Officials believe that the fire broke out due to a short circuit. However, the local police reserved their comments on the matter pending further investigation.
In recent times, a A fire broke out in an electric vehicle showroom in Secunderabad Due to a short circuit in one of the electric scooters charging in the workshop. The ensuing fire engulfed a hotel in smoke, eventually killing eight people and injuring many more. In another horrific incident, a 7-year-old boy in Mumbai’s Vasilo lost his life after an EV caught fire while charging. Last summer there were incidents of EVs catching fire in the country and in some cases even causing loss of life.
However, the Government of India has implemented a new policy from October 1 AIS 156 and AIS 038 Rev.2 standards to regulate safety standards for EVs. The new guidelines require manufacturers to adhere to standard norms. Special focus is given to the battery and its management systems and thermal management systems, which form some of the key factors to protect users from safety hazards.