You can activate your Amazon Prime Video subscription on TV to watch exclusive web shows, movies and India vs New Zealand live streaming on the big screen among other things. Thanks to its huge popularity and user base, Prime Video comes pre-installed on many smart TVs. However, the process of activating a video streaming platform on a TV is not the same as on a mobile phone or laptop. You need to scan the code or enter the QR code to activate Amazon Prime Video on TV. Below is a simple step-by-step guide on how to do this. Check it out:
How to Activate Amazon Prime Video on TV
Whether you have Android TV, Samsung TV, Apple TV or a JioFiber connection, keep your smartphone (preferably Prime Video logged in) handy.
On Android Smart TV
Most Android smart TVs come pre-installed with the Amazon Prime Video app. However, if you can’t find it on your Android TV, go to the Play Store and download the app from there. Once done, follow these steps to activate your Prime Video subscription on your Android Smart TV
- First, open the Prime Video app on your TV
- Now select ‘Login’
- On the next screen, you will be prompted to scan the QR code from your smartphone
- Before scanning the code, make sure you’re signed in to Prime Video on your phone
- Next, scan the QR code using the camera app or Google Lens on both Android phones and iPhones. After scanning, the link will pop up immediately. Tap on it.
- The link will redirect you to the Amazon Prime Video app on your smartphone, where you’ll need to approve your Amazon account activation on Android TV
- As soon as you approve, your TV will be registered. From here, you can start watching movies and shows on the big screen
On the Amazon Fire TV Stick
Since the Fire TV Stick is an Amazon product, it’s easy to set up and activate Prime Video on it. Here’s how
- Go ahead and attach the Fire TV Stick to your TV, if not already
- Next, turn it on and log in with your Amazon Prime membership account if you’re registering for the first time
- After logging in, locate the ‘Prime Video’ app on the home screen and select it
- Since you’re signed in with an Amazon Prime membership account, select any movie or show you want to watch and it’ll start playing without the need for an additional login.
On Samsung Smart TV
If you have a Samsung Smart TV at home, here’s a step-by-step process to activate Prime Video on it.
- Turn on your Samsung TV and locate the ‘Amazon Prime’ app on the home screen.
- If Prime Video isn’t there, download it from the App Store
- After downloading and installing the app, open it
- Now you may be prompted to login with a code or by scanning a QR code using your phone
- To use the QR code method, open the camera app on your phone and point it at the TV screen. After scanning the code, a link will pop up
- Tap on the link and it will redirect you to the Amazon app on your phone, asking you to approve device activation
- Give it a go and start binge watching your movies & shows on your watchlist
On LG Smart TV
Activating Amazon Prime Video on LG Smart TV is similar to Samsung TV. For that check below mentioned steps.
- Turn on your Samsung TV and locate the ‘Amazon Prime’ app on the home screen. If it’s not there, download it from the LG Web Store
- After downloading and installing the app, open the app
- Now to activate using QR code method, open scanning application on your smartphones like Camera or Google Lens. Now scan the QR code and you will be redirected to the Amazon Prime app on your phone
- After opening the app, tap on ‘Allow’ to activate Prime Video on your LG TV
On the JioFiber set-top box
As you know, many JioFiber plans come with access to OTT apps, including Amazon Prime Video, which can be accessed through the Jio set-top box. Here’s how to activate Prime Video subscription on Jio Fiber set-top box:
- Turn on your TV, navigate to the Channels section and open ‘Amazon Prime’
- It will ask you to sign in with your Amazon account
- Now grab your phone and open the MyJio app. In the ‘My Accounts’ section you can view all the subscriptions that come with your broadband plan. From here select ‘Amazon Prime’.
- Next, you’ll be taken to a website to log in with your Amazon account. Fill in your email ID and password.
- Now go back to your TV screen and select ‘Sign in’
- On the next screen, you will be provided with a code to be entered on the website mentioned there
- Open the website on your phone or laptop to enter the code. Once done, Amazon Prime will be successfully activated on the JioFiber set-top box
On Apple TV
Activating Amazon Prime on Apple TV is similar to any other smart TV. Check the detailed procedure below.
- Turn on the Apple TV and launch the ‘Amazon Prime’ app
- To activate your Prime membership, go to the website mentioned on the screen and enter the code displayed
- You can open the website on your smartphone where you already have Amazon Prime login
- After you enter the code, all content in the app will be accessible indicating that Prime Video has been successfully activated on your Apple TV.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does Amazon Prime Video have casting support?
Yes, Amazon Prime Video comes with casting support from smartphone to smart TV or other compatible devices like Chromecast. To start the broadcast, tap on the ‘cast’ button at the top of the video player and the content will be displayed on the TV screen.
Why doesn’t my Amazon Prime work on my Smart TV?
There could be several reasons why Amazon Prime isn’t working properly on your Smart TV. To resolve any issue, try clearing the cache of the Amazon Prime app. If that doesn’t work, uninstall and reinstall the app to get rid of any obstructions preventing the app or content from loading.
Source by 91 Mobiles
Written By Sabhitech