KKR vs GT Interesting Facts: Kolkata Knight Riders (KKR) and Gujarat Titans (GT) will face each other today (April 29) at 3.30 pm. The final encounter between the two teams was excellent. Rinku Singh hit 5 sixes off the last 5 balls to give KKR the win. Today’s match is also expected to be thrilling. Some stats make this match more interesting. Do you know what these statistics are?
1. Gujarat Titans opener Shubman Gill fell in front of KKR fast bowler Shardul Thakur. In the IPL, Shubman scored just 36 runs off 32 balls bowled by Shardul and was dismissed twice.
2. In IPL, KKR’s explosive batsman Andre Russell could not last long in front of GT spinner Rashid Khan. Russell’s batting average against Rashid was just 3.67 and the strike rate was 61.11. He was thrice the victim of this Afghan spinner.
3. KKR spinner Sunil Narine sent Wriddhiman Saha to the pavilion four times in the IPL.
4. Gujarat Titans skipper Hardik Pandya may prefer to bowl against KKR skipper Nitish Rana. Nitish was sacked twice.
5. KKR finisher Rinku Singh has been hitting the fast bowlers hard this season, but he has slowed down in front of the spinners. While Rinku Singh hits a boundary every 3.6 balls on an average against fast bowlers, a boundary comes after an average of 13.8 balls with his bat against spinners.
6. Shubman Gill is brilliant against spin. From IPL 2022 till now, he has a batting average of 59.2 and a strike rate of 143 against spinners.
7. Hardik Pandya has struggled in front of the fast bowlers this season. He can run in front of fast bowlers with a strike rate of just 102.
8. For Andre Russell, this IPL season is the second worst season in terms of batting. He could only score at an average of 18. In 8 matches, he could not even score in double digits 5 times.
9. Sunil Narine proved to be very expensive this time. In IPL 2023, he gave away 8.9 runs per over. This is his worst economy rate in IPL history.
10. Hardik Pandya has always been brilliant against KKR. Against this team, he has a batting average of 61, a bowling average of 14.45 and an economy rate of 6.91.
How Lucknow’s Bowlers Made Punjab Feel the Heat in Mohali